Terms and Conditions
It is your responsibility to assure that all members of your party are aware of the following terms and conditions and relay all the information provided about the flight. By making a booking or buying a gift voucher or engage our services in any other manner, you accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
If you have booked via a third party, you are also bound by their terms and conditions.
ALTERING OR CANCELLING YOUR BOOKING
In the unfortunate event you should have to cancel your booking, certain fees & conditions apply. Please Note: it is also considered a cancellation if you wish to alter or re-schedule your confirmed flight date.
You may want to consider taking out insurance provisions in case of unforeseen circumstances including being too unwell to fly due to illness or injury. If you are unwell or cannot make it, you may send someone else in your place if you wish – please let us know the name of the replacement person before the flight.
ON THE DAY
Under no circumstances will flights be refunded or rescheduled if passengers cancel or do not show for their ballooning experience on the morning of the scheduled flight. Gift vouchers will be forfeited.
WITHIN 48 HOURS
Within 48 hours prior to your flight no rescheduling is permitted. There will be no refund if you cancel during this time period.
BETWEEN 48 HOURS AND 7 DAYS
Between 48 hours and 7 days prior to your rescheduled flight, rescheduling is permitted (subject to availability and minimum passenger numbers met) but a $50 per person rebooking fee will be charged. Rescheduling fees are strictly non-refundable. If you have a group discount weekday flight you will need to be rescheduled on a weekday flight only, excluding public holidays. There will be no refund if you cancel during this time period.
Strictly, no changes are to be made within 14 days of your flight date.
Gift vouchers are NON-REFUNDABLE. Click here for SA Gov Consumer law
BALLOONING IS EXTREMELY WEATHER DEPENDENT
There is no guarantee that the flight will be able to go ahead on the first attempt. The recipient of the voucher may have to try several times to use their voucher. The vouchers are however valid for 3 years giving the recipient plenty of time to try and fly.
If your flight is cancelled by us for any reason, (e.g. adverse weather – safety is our first concern and we will not fly if conditions are unsuitable) we will be happy to re-book you at your convenience (subject to availability and minimum passenger numbers met) or refund the payment in full. Gift Vouchers are non-refundable so therefore a re-booking must be made for a date prior to the expiry date on the Gift Voucher. Rescheduling fees are strictly non-refundable.
We DO NOT fly you if you are pregnant.
Cameras, phones and any other personal items are carried at your own risk.
THE BORING STUFF
- The term ‘flight’ in addition to transportation in a balloon shall where applicable include transportation for the passenger in any motor vehicle owned or operated by or on behalf of Balloon Adventures (herein called the Operator).
- The Operator is a private carrier and is not a common carrier.
- Flights shall be governed by such Conditions Regulations and Conventions as are in force in South Australia and the Operator shall be entitled to the benefit of every exclusion or limitation of liability permitted by such Conditions Regulations and Conventions or the law generally.
- Subject to Clause 3, the Operator shall be under no liability to the Passenger, his/her personal representatives or dependents for his/her death or any loss, injury, damage or claims howsoever caused and either caused directly or indirectly to him/her or his/her belongings in respect of or arising out of the Flights or any other services or operations of the Operator, its agents, servants or representatives and the Passenger by acceptance of this Ticket for him/herself, his/her personal representatives and dependents hereby releases and discharges the Operator its agents servants or representatives from all claims against the Operator for compensation for death, loss, injury, damage, delay or claim of whatsoever nature or howsoever caused whether sustained on board the balloon or in any motor vehicle as aforesaid or in the course of any of the operations of flight, transportation, embarking or disembarking or otherwise, caused directly or indirectly to him/her or his/her belongings or to any other person who except for this condition, might have been entitled to make a claim, and whether caused or occasioned by act, neglect, negligence or default of the Operator, its servants or agents or representatives or otherwise howsoever.
- The Operator reserves the right to cancel any flight for any reason whatsoever or to terminate any flight at any stage after the commencement thereof without compensation to the Passenger.
- The Operator is hereby contracting as an agent for and on behalf of any agents servants or representatives of the Operator and the benefit of any exclusion or limitation of liability of the Operator under these conditions expressed or implied shall apply to the agents, servants, or representatives of the Operator who have no authority to alter, modify or waive any condition expressed or implied herein.
- The conditions of this Ticket shall continue to apply despite any event, act, default, negligence, neglect of the Operator or its agents, servants or representatives which may be construed as a fundamental breach of this contract.
- If any portion of these conditions is invalid or unenforceable the rest shall not thereby be affected.
- The Operator will not reimburse any travelling, accommodation or other expenses incurred by you or any other person in the event of a cancellation.
- The conditions of this Ticket shall be construed according to and be governed by the laws of South Australia and any action against the Operator shall be brought only in a South Australian court.
- Ballooning may involve some risks not found in everyday life. The Passenger, by acceptance of this Ticket, accepts those risks.
- Plan A is to fly over the Barossa, but sometimes the weather conditions don’t allow that to happen, but we do have a Plan B, which is to fly over the Murray River. If plan B does not work, plan C is to go back home to bed. You accept the pilot’s decision on where to fly on the day.